Friday, June 19, 2015

Sepia Saturday and the Summer Heat!

Whew! Summer is in full swing here and has put everyone's adventurous spirits on hold. Either we go to the park or outdoors in the very early morning (finishing up our hike prior to 9:00am) or take short, half-hour outings in the late evening as the sun is setting. Otherwise, the ground is too hot for paws, breathing in the air is similar to inhaling steam off boiling water, and the sun is burning whatever patch of skin it can reach through hair and fur.

I'm hoping to take Quenya on a short hike wearing her new backpack either this weekend or next, if the weather permits. Photos will certainly follow!

In the meantime, here are shot shots of the wee ones on recent exploits




4 comments:

  1. It sure is heating up now summer is a'coming!

    Thanks for joining Ruckus The Eskie and Earl's World! in the Sepia Saturday Blog Hop!

    sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Y’all!
    What a pair of cuties. It's triple digits here. The kind of boots Sugar wears work well. I wear them too, mostly in the winter 'cause I don't have to walk on pavement.
    Don’t forget my new home is http://www.browndogcbr.net. I’m still workin’ on it. I’ll be tryin’ a different format Monday. This will be my third one since my move.
    Thank you if you have been giving me feedback. If not, I would like to know how it works for you personally.
    If you’ve already given me feedback, I still want to know the pros and cons for you when I show y’all a new look.
    Y’all hurry on by now!
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hot here, too! The heat index was 105 the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot here as well. Cute pics. :-) I hope the weather cooperates and you can try out your pack.

    ReplyDelete