Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Tasty Tuesday--Hot Meal on a Cold Day

For participating in a Facebook survey, I got three samples from The Honest Kitchen! While far too expensive to feed my trio on a regular basis, everyone enjoyed them enough that I think I'll buy some more sample packets for this winter as they make a great meal add-on for a chilly day/night. It's getting down to 24 degrees F here tonight which is bleeping FREEZING. This is FLORIDA. Winter hasn't started yet--Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet! Sigh. Anyway I figured tonight was a great night to give the pups some warm refreshment and fill their bellies with yummy things to fight off the chill that lingered even after I turned the heat on.




Samples!

Hot Water + Packet

All made up! (This was Skipper's, he doesn't like loose consistencies so I made it a little thicker than the directions)

Waaaaaaaitiiingggg
The crew was seriously into it. I fed Skipper and Quenya together in the kitchen. Skipper was slightly confused as to how to eat it at first (whilst Quenya's was pretty much gone before Skipper even took the first lick on his) but he got it pretty quickly.

Nomnomnom!

Sluuurp

I am obsessed with his eyes. So pretty.

Almost done, taking a breath.
Victoria ate hers in her crate, as she has a history of resource guarding high-value objects from the other dogs. I knew this delicious-smelling, new, super yummy food would fall into that category, so she got sentenced to dinner isolation. You can tell she was just miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment