Thursday, September 11, 2014

Parents ~ Thoughtless Thursday

I think Skipper's mother is one of the prettiest rat terriers I've ever seen, and his father isn't half-bad either. I can't decide whether I'm hoping for the lopsided ears like his dam or the prick ears like his sire. I think the mismatch is cuter, but if I ever wanted to compete in conformation it is considered a fault (though not a DQ). According to the UKC Rat Terrier standard, matching ears are strongly preferred. Both parents are 18lbs so it's a good guess that will be almost exactly how much Skipper will weigh at maturity as well. 
Skipper's Mom

Skipper's Mom

Skipper's Dad

Skipper's Dad
All photos belong and are copyright to Skipper's breeder. Used with permission.
Ruckus the American Eskimo Dog Blog
- See more at: http://www.ruckustheeskie.com/2014/09/thoughtless-thursday-34-first-there-was.html#sthash.se5Kg9oI.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment