Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Pug Who Ate Too Much

I'm  going to lay here pitifully and make sure mom knows the full extent of my abject misery.


...and then had to wait with Mom on a leash while her siblings played. Do you see that tummy?!

I (dog mom) had the dogs loose in the yard (we live on fenced acreage) as we prepared to go to the park. While moving various gear to the car as well as moving some of my horse's tack back to the barn, I would up leaving my car door open as it was easier. Victoria took full advantage of this opportunity to sneak into the car and begin voraciously gobbling up a dish of leftovers that, well...I may have forgotten to bring in the night before. They were covered by my saddle blanket, I swear! Anyway, Victoria is lucky that there wasn't anything poisonous in the dish, but she did get a stomach ache afterwards. We've also been purposely keeping her weight down quite low since her accident--about 14lbs, when she's normally just under 16--to keep stress off her legs as she learns how to balance/run/turn, etc. with a leg with (mild) permanent nerve damage. So it's been a while since her tummy has been really full, poor Tory, I don't think she enjoyed the sensation.

An hour later she was feeling much better so I put the other two in their pop-up kennel and left them to be watched by a friend while Tory and I went for a walk. She was very soon back to her freakishly happy-go-lucky self!

Not a day goes by that I don't remember to give thanks that this girl is still with us.

I'M A SQUIRREL!
Heart Like a Dog

2 comments:

  1. Silly doggie. I know how she feels though. Sometimes it's hard to stop eating when everything tastes so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor puppy. I bet she would do it again in a heartbeat...lol. Thanks so much for joining the Barks and Bytes hop!

    ReplyDelete